2011. július 4., hétfő

HOLIDAY

Nationale Nederland -
during the day
YEEES, it's finally time to have some rest from school. At my school the vacation starts officially on the 1st of July and lasts til the 31st of August. Obviosly, it is 2 months, must be enough time to 'repair' yourself both menthally and physically. And what to do in Holland? Especially if the weather is so unpredictable! Really, it is July and I'm still wearing my jacket.... ridiculous. But at least I don't sweat my ass off, so to speak.... Well, it is a great weather to make trips to other cities. I'm not gonna do that coz I travel a lot during the year, as well.



City hall


Pathé, theather


City hall

Nationale Nederland - at night
Rotterdam has become my favourite Dutch city. It is totally different from what you're used to in the Netherlands. Because it was destroyed during the 2nd WW, and it had to be rebuilt, it is pretty modern. New cool buildings and streets, hardly any canals can be found anymore. The city is LIVING. It is full of foreigners, I kinda feel tall there (that IS strange, coz I'm like 172 cm tall, that's smaller than an average Dutch) but you can find ANY nationalities in Rotterdam. So even more people speak English there (if it's even possible because almost everyone speaks English in Holland) but if you wanna get a job, it will be easier there. It is also said that Rotterdam is the most international city of Holland. I have experienced that...

So here are some pics about the city and I hope you get an idea what I mean by 'different' from other cities in the Netherlands. Enjoy


P.S: sorry for that the pictures look so idiotic but this stupid blog just does not want to put them where I want them to be!!

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése